How to install the Outlook add-in
For a brief overview of our Outlook Add-In and its functions start here.
Installation Guide for Emailgistics Add-In for Microsoft Outlook
As of June 2021 Emailgistics has two versions of our Outlook add-in available (depending on your version of Outlook). Version 1 and 2 of the add-in provide identical features, however, Version 2 takes advantage of a recent Outlook update to provide better performance.
Version 1 of the add-in, which is compatible with the older version of Outlook listed below, requires Emailgistics to add the user identifier info into the message header “on send”. This means immediately after you hit the send button there may be a 1-3 second processing delay to add this user identifer info.
If you are on the Current Channel of Office 365 and have Outlook build 14026.20246 or greater you can use Version 2 of the add-in. Version 2 tells us when you hit reply or create a new message and allows our add-in to act right then. This means we can add the user identifier into the message header while you are busy crafting your message, instead of when you are trying to send it.
Installation for Outlook Desktop
System requirements for Add-in Version 1
- April 2022 Update: Version 1 of the Add-in is no longer supported, please use Version 2.
System requirements for Add-in Version 2
- Be on the Current Channel of O365
- Office 365 version of Outlook is required, specifically Outlook 2105 (build 14026.20246) or newer
How to check your version of Windows
How to check your version of Outlook
Open the Outlook Desktop App and click file and office account. On this page there is an About Outlook section which lists your version number.
Add-in Installation Instructions
1. Open the Outlook Desktop App. Please ensure cached exchange mode for shared folders is turned off. Instructions to do this can be found here.
2. Click the Get Add-ins icon, which will open a new window.
3. Select My add-ins, scroll to the Custom add-ins section and click Add a custom add-in.
4. For Version 2 of add-in paste in this URL: https://c1.emailgistics.com/crm/add-in/manifest
5. Click OK and Install.
6. The Emailgistics add-in should now appear in the Custom add-ins section. You can close the add-ins window.
7. The Emailgistics add-in will now appear in your Outlook ribbon.
8. Click it to show the add-in pane and then select a shared mailbox message to work with it. The first time you click the add-in button you will be prompted to log-in with your email account credentials.
Here is the Add-in pane layout: http://emailgistics.com/add-in-for-outlook/
Note: You must select a message inside a team inbox using Emailgistics for the Add-in pane to appear.
Tip: Pin the Add-in pane so it always appears whenever you select a message.
Installation for Outlook Web
– Latest Edge or Chrome web browser
Note: the Emailgistics add-in requires that the shared mailbox be opened in a separate Outlook window; it will not work correctly for mailboxes opened within your main Outlook window.
1. Browse to https://outlook.office365.com/ecp and log in as the shared mailbox you want to use the add-in.
2. Go to the “add-ins” option in the left navigation panel
4. Select the “+” sign, pick “Add from URL” and add the Emailgistics add-in URL: https://c1.emailgistics.com/crm/add-in/manifest
5. Log out of the Shared Mailbox. All users in the mailbox will now be able to access the add-in.
6. Log in again with your user ID.
8. Select “Open another mailbox” in the panel at top-right of the screen.
9. To use the add-in: select a team inbox message and click the three dots in the upper right of the message content pane. The Emailgistics add-in can be selected from the list of options
If you need any assistance to complete these steps, please don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com